Welcome & Thank you
Advancement & Giving
Annual Giving, The Blue and White Fund
The Blue and White Fund is a yearly fundraising drive supported by alumni, parents, alumni parents, friends, and the members of our Faculty and staff, and provides unrestricted and restricted dollars to Grand River Academy’s operating budget.
Although it is one of several ways you can support GRA, a top all boys boarding school, it is one of the most vital. You may find answers to frequently asked questions about this annual fundraising tradition. Thank you for your interest in supporting The Blue and White Fund.
Investing in Opportunities for Faculty and Students
Every gift, no matter the size, help Grand River Academy achieve its mission. The GRA experience is made possible by the generosity of our many donors and we are grateful for the alumni, parents, grandparents, parents of alumni, Faculty, staff, and friends who support the school. Thank you for investing in our Faculty and the lives of our students.
The Blue & White Fund
The Blue & White Fund plays a crucial role in enriching the lives of the students and Faculty of Grand River Academy, generating four percent of the Academy’s annual operating budget. Without this essential funding, the Academy would have to draw significant funds from the endowment, eroding the long-term financial stability of the institution. Gifts made to the Blue & White Fund directly impacts the Academy today as your gifts help sustain all areas of the Academy including Faculty salaries, academic, residential, and student life programs, financial aid, and building operations.
The 2017-2018 Blue & White Fund raised $164,933 for Grand River Academy. Each and every gift to The Blue & White Fund directly helps to maintain the financial stability of the institution.
This year, we hope you’ll consider investing in the future of Grand River with your own gift to The Blue & White Fund. All gifts, regardless of the size, help ensure that each and every student has an exceptional learning experience in the classroom, in the dormitories, on the playing field, and in the arts.
Seven major programs – the very heart of the Grand River experience – could not continue without our generous support:
1. The Faculty Development Program– Attract and retain the excellent and dedicated Faculty, by providing competitive salaries, benefits, and continuing education programs.
2. Financial Aid– Provide financial aid to more than 35% of our students. Exceptional young men who otherwise would not be able to attend GRA.
3. Academic Teaching and Learning– Offer a supportive and challenging academic and learning curriculum, including The Foundations of Learning Program.
4. Technological Growth and Development– Invest in new technologies such as interactive whiteboards, a Makerspace, and Robotics Lab.
5. Student Activities and Extracurricular Opportunities– Student Council, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook, interscholastic sports, dorm snacks, weekend movies and events such as Cedar Point, paint ball, and more.
6. Cultural Enrichment and Educational Activities– Primarily weekend activities outside of the classroom underwrites most of the cost of tickets. Quiz Bowl, Botany Club, Service Learning, Grade Level Retreats, Senior Service projects, Winter Term, STEAM projects.
7. The Head of School’s Discretionary Fund– Allows the Head of School seed money to help and support Faculty and students in a number of programs and projects, which vary from year to year, and are not covered by other areas of the budget.
Your gift to The Blue and White Fund is most important in securing Grand River’s future, for the gifts and service of one generation make it possible for Faculty and students of the next generation to teach and learn with excellence.
The Blue & White Fund, GRA's annual giving program, provides critical support for every aspect of the student experience at GRA.