Grand River Academy is excited to announce the second annual 1831 Day -- a day to celebrate the past, present, and future of Grand River Academy. We hope to raise $18,310 on this day, so we can continue to be at the forefront of boarding school education and innovation for young men. We are so proud of the past 191 years of hard work and dedication by our students, Faculty, and alumni -- and we believe that this initiative will set us up for success in the next 191 years and beyond!
GRA has been extremely fortunate through the years to have fantastic alumni who, through their own experiences as well as by seeing the school in the present day, believe in Grand River Academy and have contributed donations to allow us to get better and propel us into the next generation of producing great GRA alumni.
Past donations have done so much for our school and will continue to help in a variety of areas including:
- Financial Aid: We provide financial aid to more than 35% of our students! These students are exceptional young men who otherwise would not be able to attend GRA
- Student Life Programs/Materials: Many donations have aided in helping to fund various student life programs/materials such as Student Council, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook, weekend movies, and dorm snacks as well as provide aid for events such as Cedar Point, Paintball, and much more!
- Athletics: Donations allow these students to flourish in whatever sport/activity they are participating in. Educating students on the benefits of being active and having a healthy lifestyle while participating in team sports/athletic activities will surely have a lasting impact on our students.
- Facility Maintenance: Support towards facility maintenance helps to keep our classrooms in tip-top shape for all those who step on campus.
- Faculty Professional Development: we are able to attract and retain the excellent and dedicated Faculty by providing competitive salaries, benefits, and continuing education programs.
1831 Day will take place on February 18th! Any donation is absolutely appreciated but we encourage donations in amounts that pay homage to our founding year that is 1831 -- amounts such as $18.31 or $183.10 are some examples that we feel would align with our theme.