You're your son's biggest fan and advocate. You work hard to provide him with the guidance and unique support he needs to grow, learn, and flourish.
It can be overwhelming if you realize your son is:
- Falling behind in school and receiving poor grades
- Displaying a disengaged, unmotivated attitude toward his personal and academic endeavors and goals
- Contending with a learning difference
- Not prospering in his current academic environment
Challenges to boys' education are prevalent in today's classrooms, as conventional, public school systems do not teach to the minds of boys.
If your son is struggling socially or academically, the urgency to find the right resources and solution for him is essential.
We've compiled a list of quick links to our extensive resources on boys' education to help you find the insight and support you're looking for:
Support for Boys with Learning Differences
- Four Techniques to Help Your Teen with ADHD Excel in School
- Three Strategies to Strengthen Executive Functioning
- Dealing with Dyslexia? 4 Ways to Help Your Son Succeed in School
- Learning with Dysgraphia: 3 Strategies to Improve Your Son's Writing
- Three-part blog series on ADHD:
Learn how GRA's Foundations Learning Program is developing more effective learning strategies for students with learning challenges.
Getting Your Son Back on Track
- Identifying How Your Son Learns Best
- Transitioning from Middle School to High School
- Learn How to Remedy a Rocky Start to the School Year
- The Value of Repeating a Grade
- Engaged Learning at Home
- Ending Senior Year Strong
A Boarding School Education
Are you wondering if your son would benefit from a structured, individualized high school environment focused on his lifelong success? Discover if an all-boys boarding school education is right for your son:
- How to Choose a Boarding School
- Weighing the Cost and Value of Boarding School for Your Son
- Why You Can Afford Boarding School
- Prepare Your Son for His First Year of Boarding School
- The Parent's Survival Guide to Boarding School
- A Look Inside GRA: The Viewbook
- Experience Life at GRA Through Our Student Life Portal
- The GRA Difference
- Transform Your Son's High School Transcript for College Acceptance
- Help Your Son Prepare His College Application for Success
- Tips for an Outstanding College Scholarship Interview
- How to Select the Best College for Your Son
At Grand River Academy, we're dedicated to helping young men thrive in all areas of life. We're focused on developing the total young man academically, socially, and emotionally.
It is our firm belief that with the right support and in the right environment, every young man can realize his true potential and achieve lifelong success.