What is boarding school life like at Grand River Academy?
This is one of the most common questions we get asked from prospective GRA students and families, and it’s a topic that we love discussing.
Grand River Academy is a unique place that radiates support, brotherhood, and transformation.
- Fostering a close-knit community is paramount to our residential and student lifeefforts at GRA. It is our mission to help every young man assimilate boarding school life and thrive during his time here.
- An essential part of student life at GRA’s all-boys boarding school is our strong Student Assistance Program (SAP). Through this program, every young man receives the individualized support he needs academically, emotionally, and socially.
- Students continually build the GRA brotherhood year after year by establishing lifelong friendships and staying connected to their GRA roots through alumni events and initiatives.
But we know that you still have a lot of questions, such as:
- What is GRA’s campus like?
- What is dorm life like?
- Will I like my roommate?
- Will I meet anyone with my same interests and hobbies?
- Will the coursework be difficult?
- Will my teachers be supportive?
- What are the athletics like?
- Is there anything fun to do on the weekends?
To get answers to these questions and more, visit our interactive student life hub to see and hear from the young men who know GRA best: real Grand River students and alumni.
In the student life hub, GRA students and alumni talk about why they came to GRA, what to expect, and what they got out of it.
Get excited about this new journey in your life by discovering a transformational high school experience.
“What I miss most about GRA is the brotherhood of it. I'm still best friends with some people I met there. I travel to them and they travel to me, and even though it's almost been 10 years since I was there, I know if I asked any of my former teachers for a reference or help with something, I know they would."
- Charlie Stephenson, '06 GRA alumnus